Friday, August 21, 2009
I know everyone has been following the Stock Market, and apparently it closed HIGHER today! At this junction in the road, from the score board of the Stock Market, the Economy has the Ball, and the opposing team Recession is trying to steal the ball. The game could end up as a toss-up or it will go into overtime. All the predictions are stating "that the Economy is Rebounding back!" But the game could go into overtime to play pass October, November then on into December. So, stay tune for the game ending buzzer in December. Hopefully, we should know the score by the time the buzzer sounds.
The Stock Market scoreboard may reflect that the Economy has won the GAME, or that Recession has fouled Economy out!
There has to be humor with the way this Economy has been this year, sometimes individuals have to view the world of economics as a game. But remember when the Economy loses to Recession, We the American People Lose!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Since the drum beat is getting louder! It would be good to know what Government Run Programs, are directly or indirectly affecting the American people today. Below are few Government Run Programs functioning:
- Social Security (Provide funds to the Elderly, Disable, and Handicap), which may not be available for some of us when it is time to collect.
- State School (Provided to individuals, who may not have the luxury to attend Private Schools or obtain school vouchers)
- State Lunch Programs (Provided to those individuals from single parent home, parents laid-off, or fall the below the poverty level)
- Medicare / Medicaid (Provide the Elderly, Disable, Handicap, and again to those that fall below the poverty level), which may soon run out!
- Welfare (As we know today, it has been reformed, but States still receives funding)
- State Employment (Provide assistance and training for the unemployed worker)
These are only to name a few programs that I could think of right now! We can say that these programs are providing supplemental relief for many Americans.
Some may ask how we arrived at providing so many programs for the American Public? Let's take a brief stroll down history lane. Since the law was decreed by Caesar Agusutus "that all the world should be taxed", and by the way this quote was taken from the bible Luke 2:1 KJV. Caesar, required the whole world to pay their taxes, which contributed to the greatness of Rome in his era! Let's say since there are so many Government Programs that the American people have contributed their hard earned taxes too; one could only wonder what would people do, if there were no Government Run Programs. What would our world look like today? How would our nation function without government intervention? Are you curious to know? Our only guess could be Chaos? No Law and Order?
However, we as American do pay taxes and our funds (Taxes) should be allotted to helping Americans!